building a shed

Hi.

Can anyone put me on too a website or have a link for free shed building plans? i want too build a 10x8ft shed in my back garden... i have looked on ebay and purchased a cd guide? but it still has not arrived...

Reply to
Kris Dawson

Phil

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Reply to
Kris Dawson

Here's a good resource -

Eric The Viking

What type of shed do you want? I have just finished a 21ft by 12ft workshop / shed. It is breeze block construction on a concrete pad which is 4inches thick on the floor and 8inches thick at the edges for the walls, which are 9ft at one side and 7'6" at the other. The roof consists of 12 lengths of 6X2 timber with 20mm OSB board on top and finished with torch-on roofing felt. One non-opening window. Two double doors Gutters, electrics and redering and tyrolean finish on the exterior.

Materials = £2500 Labour = 2 men for 7 days = £???? :-p

OTOH you can buy a self assembly one from B&Q for about £90, which would be full if you hung up a pair of hedge clippers.

There are no limits on the amount you can spend, nor on the design you want, materials you want it built from, how secure you want it or how long you are expecting it to last, you've got to decide these before you do anything.

Reply to
Phil L

Reply to
Phil L

If you intend having a felt roof my advice is to use heavy duty roofing felt. This should last 10 years plus, whereas basic shed roof felt is unlikely to last more than 5 years.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

|Hi. | |Can anyone put me on too a website or have a link for free shed building |plans? i want too build a 10x8ft shed in my back garden... i have looked on |ebay and purchased a cd guide? but it still has not arrived...

Try uk.rec.sheds ;-)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

The message from Dave Fawthrop contains these words:

That's what I went in for - nine years ago.

Reply to
Guy King

It's in the post - - 10x8

big snip

Reply to
me

10X8 is the size, not the construction type, nor a design.

HTH

Reply to
Phil L