Recomendation re: Miter Saw Blade

Greetings, I guess this is a "de-lurk"! :)

I have a small miter saw, and I need a new blade. Mostly, I cut 4/4 stock, up to about 4 inches wide (and usually square) and occasionally, I end up framing a picture. I would be grateful for any opinions regarding a decent blade for such work. Sadly, it's a small saw (8

1/4" blade, w/ 5/8" arbor) but it's what I have at the moment... Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks! Hal

Reply to
sawdog

Personally, I think the single most over rated item is circular saw blades. I buy mine from Big Lots anymore - 12" 100 tooth blade $20 - cuts like a $100+ blade. Mark

Reply to
Mark