Recent flurry

Ok...how do we kill this "person of questionable parentage"? Path seems to suggest an account at nym.alias (dungeons and dragon stuff supported by MIT and NYU???...if so that seems to be another example of your tax dollars at work) where the goal is to make you impossible to track down. Postmaster at nym.alias doesn't seem to care.

Reply to
Tom Kohlman

If there is a way I sure would like to know.... if it is in fact a student then lets get his ass out of school and get him a job cleaning pubic toilets or the like........mjh

Doesn't seem to care !!! thats par for the course...

Reply to
Mike Hide

"Tom Kohlman" wrote in news:gO6Yb.13053$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

Filter all messages that have nym.alias.net in the Path header (I don't know if you preferred newsreader allows you to do thiat).

nym.alias.net is an anonymous remailer:

[snip]

Nope -- they really don't care

Reply to
Murray Peterson

Tom,

Thanks for tracking down the little scumbag.

Does the FCC care? (yeah, right!) Send them a complaint and a copy to the postmaster @ nym.alias. That MAY start him caring. (fat chance!) But then probably not. Send a copy of the FCC complaint to MIT and NYU, too. I'd be willing to bet _they_ care! Big seats of education like those do not care for bad press. Send a copy of the complaint to the broadcast and print outlets serving the area home to MIT & NYU. Some journalist, probably NOT an alum of either school, would be _very_ happy to follow up on a lead like this. "MIT computers used by social misfits to flood internet with filth...Details at Eleven!" "OUR I-team tracks obscene internet messages to NYU group. Are state and Federal funds involved? Tune in at Six to see what our I-team found in this three part series!" (May sweeps week is coming up!) Of course, turning the heat up means you are asking for another blast of crap from the little weasel. Oh well, ignore or DELETE still work for me.

DexAZ

Reply to
DexAZ

Murray Peterson wrote in news:Xns8ECDC222BAE6Afarkle@24.71.223.159:

You are quite correct - nym.alias.net is an anonymizer run by (if I remember correctly) MIT. It has a very long history of being abused, and an equally long history of the abuse being ignored by it's admins (who probably consider it an experiment in human behavior).

Most well-run newsservers drop all articles from that source, you would be wise to recommend to your tech support folk that they do likewise. Nothing of value comes from there.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Crabby today, Mike or is it just a Freudian slip?

Charlie Self "Health food makes me sick." Calvin Trillin

Charlie Self

No. The FCC doesn't regulate content on the Internet.

Reply to
Chuck Taylor

I reported him to the webmasters at NYU and MIT as well as FCC.gov I hope Tom's right about this ending someday. The real pity is that the anti-hacking laws make it illegal to try to go after these individuals. Now THAT would be fun. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Of course _they_ have rights. The bad guys _always_ have rights! You are right...sure would be FUN to go after them.

DexAZ

Reply to
DexAZ

I keep thinking of the Pace salsa commercial. The one where the label says NYC. You know. Get a rope. Too bad the stuff is made in NJ. My wife like that garbage, I make my own. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Why use rope? Given the situation, this would be a good chance to showcase one more use for CAT-5e cable.

DexAZ

Reply to
DexAZ

...somehow think this little dweeb might enjoy rope. Searching for hints on how to filter nym.alias in OE...seems I can filter sender and subject but that's as deep as this freebee will go.

Reply to
Tom Kohlman

Tom,

If you figure that out, please let me know. I've been trying to filter nym.alias on OE too. Without success. :^(

DexAZ

Reply to
DexAZ

I'm doing it on the training part of the Message-ID:

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

I know I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but here it comes anyway:

Get a copy of Nfilter. Get a copy of my troll filters. You won't see these posts any more. At least not until the next time he changes his ISP. Then the posts will come through again until I update the filters, and then you won't see him again. Eventually he'll either (a) get tired of the game and go away, (b) get caught by his parents, or (c) grow out of it.

Doug Miller

Can't help you with that, I don't use OE. I keep rope in the Truck, not CAT5, but when I was kid in the midwest I remember barbed wire being used, didn't look like that was enjoyed much. I've been forwarding the messages to the webmasters at MIT and FCC. I figure that after a few dozen one or the other will get thoroughly annoyed and burn him.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Reading the NY Post (I'm a transplant and not much liking it so hold your negative comments on that part) today I saw a story about a jumper on the Empire State building yesterday...actually crossed my fingers and said a prayer...but see "it" is still around....

Reply to
Tom Kohlman