Re: Rigid 13" Planers...

- Ray White -

Home Depot sells a Rigid 13" planer, anybody using one > Like to hear your opinion, pro or con

- Nehmo - Review:

was going to buy one, but the store I went to was out of stock. So I went to Lowe's and got a Delta
can say the Delta does just what it claims it will do. No frills. There's a beauty it that. [1]

The Rigid looks a slightly better on paper, and it may be slightly better. It's a bit cheaper too. (However, one post cautions to watch the locknut.)

[crossposted] news:rec.woodworking wood be a better place for this type of question. State your intended use. [1] Yeah, I know it's a cheap-o, but I'm not embarrassed. I like it.
Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

I have the Rigid 13 inch model and I am very pleased with it. I've done hundreds of borad feet of Cherry and Maple in this and the finish quality is very good. I will admit that I am very conservative and do not take a lot of thickness off with each pass so I may not be a good test. The blades seem to last a long time and are very easy to replace.

It would be nice to have two feed speeds and if I was buying today I would probably look at the new 13 inch, dual speed Dewalt but I have no desire to replace what I have.

Hope this helps. TWS

Reply to
TWS

I really like mine. Very accurate, no snipe, and blade change is a snap.

Reply to
Vince Heuring