Dewalt Corded Reciprocating saw Model: DW304PK

Dewalt Model: DW304PK

I don't NEED this saw, but through the years I sure as hell could have used a reciprocating saw to make a lot of tough jobs easy. It may only get used every other month, or less. Anyway it has this neat feature. In the description it says "4-position blade clamp allows for flush cutting & increases versatility". I looked at it at Lowes and it looks just like it says. The only reciprocating saw that I saw that has this feature and makes flush cutting much much easier. Does anyone have one?

It's in the low price range, but again, I won't use it every day, or week, or maybe not every month. Any opinions on it?

Reply to
Tony

I don't do that much, but I got a Harbor Freight version. I don't understand what the neat feature is but I doubt HF has it.

When I've used it, it's been great. My biggest example, I had a 6' x

12 foot deck that I converted to a 2' x 12' deck. I guess there about 11 2x6's and it it went pretty much right through them. I bought DeWalt blades iirc.

If it hadn't been for this, I would have had to use a circular saw, which would have been hard to use cutting up and down and the floor boards would have been in the way at one end. Or I was thinking of a little electric chain saw. That would have done it I'm sure, (maybe with a couple extra stops for it to cool of, but probably not needed) but made a lot rougher cut, not as smooth, more sawdust. Of course it's all covered by a 2x8 board, but I like knowing it's fairly straight and smooth underneath.

(The outer 4'4" of the 6 feet had rotted, but the part under the overhang 8 feet up was still in very good condition after 30 years. So now it's a work bench or something, and I have more yard.)

mm

I bought this saw recently to use on removing an angle iron fence post from an 80 year old willow oak tree and to help remove two 2 1/2" round fence posts also encapsulated by the tree. It had the power and did the job well. I am glad I made the investment in a quality tool.

Al Gosztyla

Simply put, it makes a flush cut against a floor, wall, whatever much easier then flexing the blade. Less chance of breaking the blade, and much less chance of gouging into something you didn't want to cut. It sort of puts the blade along the edge of the saw instead of in the middle of it.... sort of.

Reply to
Tony

You just reminded me of another root going under the slab that I need to cut off. I could use my new saw! A lot easier than sharpening the chainsaw every time I hit a pebble!

Tony

HF doesnt' do that, that's for sure. And actually, it would have come in handy for cutting off the 2x6's in my deck. I had to tip the saw when it was near the top which had the floorboards, and maybe because I started at the top, I had to bend the blade some.

I occurs to me now there might have been ways around this, in my situation but every one.

Reply to
mm

I think all the Dewalts have it. My cordless does and it comes in quite handy at times.

Reply to
DT