Re: OT: If you could spend an hour with someone, dead or alive. someone who could not lie...

Gordon Shumway wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

>Who would you spend that hour with. (Certainly not my English >>teacher.)

I think Linda Lovelace might be fun. For the remaining 55 minutes of

> the hour how about Dale Earnhardt.

Yeah, that guy could drive in circles for hours better than lots of people. Fascinating, Jim.

Reply to
Elrond Hubbard

Richard Feynman.

Reply to
charlieb

Superb choice. May his spirit visit Tuva.

Axel

Reply to
Axel Grease

For those that are not particularly familiar with Feynman:

RING-RING

"Hello..."

"Is this Dr. Feynman?"

"Yes."

"Dr. Richard P. Feynman?"

"Yes."

"Dr Feynman, my name is Joe Blow. I'm the charge d'affaires to the Court of King Gustaf V of Norway. It is my distinct pleasure to inform you that you have been awarded the 1965 Nobel Prize in Physics!"

"Do you have any idea what the hell time it is in California?"

".... uh, I beg your pardon..."

"It is three o'clock in the goddamn morning! Call back after nine!"

CLICK

"...???..."

Reply to
HeyBub

With myself when I was 17, with a list of dos and don'ts, stock tips, various other bits of information and advice, etc.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I had a similar thought, but realized that I wouldn't have listened.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 20:13:29 -0800, the infamous charlieb scrawled the following:

Dickie Rocks!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hey Larry. There are a couple of threads from 1994 that you haven't gotten to - get cracking.

RicodJour