Re: If you could spend an hour with someone, dead or alive. someone who could not lie...

>> I think they have a pill for BDS. Or maybe a 12-step program. >> >> You need to get better so you can enjoy the Jeb Bush presidency. >> Followed by that good-looking Hispanic nephew. >> >> By then, the dynasty will be firmly established and it's only a >> small step to a monarchy. >> >> Psst! Don't tell anybody about that being the goal of the >> conservatives. They might not understand. > > Ahhh yes, and your response wasn't predictable? > Anybody who refers to a syndrome coined by that loon Krauthammer loses > credibility right quick. >

He's entitled. He earned an honors degree in economics and he has a Pulitzer Prize.

But what qualifies him to speak on this subject is his medical degree from Harvard and his board certification in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, plus his tenure as Chief Resident in Psychiatry at the Massachusetts General Hospital. During that time, he and a colleague identified a syndrome associated with manic-depressives which is now part of the standard works on bipolar disorders. His seminal paper, "The Epidemiology of Mania," has much to say about BDS, even though it was written thirty years ago.

He served in the Carter administration and was a speech-writer for Walter Mondale.

Unfortunately, there is no cure for BDS - it can only be controlled. And if BDS did not exist, supporters of the current administration would have invented it. As Eric Hoffer said: "A mass movement can exist without a god, but it will always fail without a devil. Every mass movement must have something to hate."

Reply to
HeyBub

Yes, we conservatives are good with adjectives and adverbs while our counterparts are generally better with four-letter words. To illustrate, there's the joke about the southern girl who came running home to her mother the day after the honeymoon.

"Oh momma, he's a beast! No sooner do we get to our new cottage than he starts with the four-letter words! It was more than a body should bear."

"What four-letter words, dear?"

"Oh it was just awful. It was 'cook' and 'iron' and 'dust' and 'wash'! Oh momma, it was just unbearable."

Regarding Tim Daneliuk, never heard of him. Is he like a hobbit?

As for right-wingers 'eating their own,' Heh! Drudge has a splash regarding a Dem proposal to levy a 10% tax on non-medical cosmetic surgical procedures (i.e., Botox, hair-transplants, etc.) complete with pictures of a shocked Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden.

Reply to
HeyBub