Could someone please confirm usage for these LED bulbs

I am just trying to get confirmation that these bulbs can screw straight in to a normal lamp socket without the use of a transformer.

pack 4X 6X 12X Socket E14 light colour Day white/Warm White Power source 4 watt / 5 watt Working Wavelength 2800-3500K, 5500-6500k Voltage 85-240V Beam Angle 60 Angle Long lifespan Above 50,000hours Work frequency 50~60Hz Working temperature 0-55 Size 110mm(L)40(D)mm-4w

120mm(L)40(D)mm-5w Attenuation Quatiety 1KH
Reply to
ss

Looks like it, provided you do mean a screw lampholder, rather than a bayonet?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes its screw in, Thanks for the confirmation I just cant get my head around this LED thing with some requiring transformers and others not.

Reply to
ss

They tend to fall into two groups..

12V that use the existing transformers.

mains that use the existing none transformer fittings.

Reply to
dennis

Ok thanks, one other question, does the fact that a bulb will be in a horizontal position in a table lamp have any adverse affect as I am thinking the `heatsink` (fins) would normally be above the LEDs but in these lamps not.

Reply to
ss

Seems to specify quite unambiguously that these lamps can be screwed into standard E14 mains voltage fittings worldwide.

I've only bothered to reply since not only are you seemingly oblivious of "The Bleedin' Obvious", but your other responders (Andy, ss and Dennis) are as well.

Reply to
Johny B Good

Oi! Care to explain what you mean by that?

Reply to
Andy Burns

It means he didn't understand what we said, even though it was bleeding obvious.

Reply to
dennis

What an informative and considered post - most helpful.

Reply to
Judith

Oops! My bad. :-(

Sorry to lump you in with the others (and, likewise for Dennis -ss being the OP isn't excluded, I forgot for the moment that he _was_ the OP).

The only reason I jumped in was because no one thought to point out where the spec mentioned 85 to 240v which would have definitively answered the OP's original question.

Reply to
Johny B Good

Thank you for spotting that. In retrospect, I should have left out the final paragraph. It was totally unfair of me to pick on Andy and Dennis for failing to highlight where the spec had unambiguously answered the OP's question.

Reply to
Johny B Good

I would think about the 60 deg beam angle; that implies a pretty narrow beamed spotlight.

Reply to
robgraham

"oblivious of "The Bleedin' Obvious"

Yes that may well be the case but as I dont understand electrics and in trying to do so with regard to LED I got totally confused as there are so many options, simple as it may be for others. Hence the reason I asked for confirmation that I was in fact buying the correct product.

Reply to
ss

Have you already got the table lamp you're going to use it/them in? A photo might not go amiss ...

Reply to
Andy Burns