Re: Minor gloat

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:24:52 +0800, with neither quill nor qualm, "Phil Laird" quickly quoth:

--snip--

Anyway this bloke, with a rather pleasant American accent, turns out to be >the aforementioned Lady's brother - who has eyeballed her new bed and >decided that after years of searching for the perfect bed - my design is the >one he wants - and proceeds to give me the details for payment of deposit on >a bed and chest of drawers to bunged on a boat at some later stage and >tripped orf to Florida . . . . .. .

The big question is: Are your beds Hurricane Proof? Hmmmmm?

Q2: What was the freight fee for that shipment, anyway? $600?

Congrats on your global sales.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Great story Phil. I don't think that there is any thing quite as rewarding, "when you do this for money", as being commissioned to do a piece that was literally sold by another customer. I love it when I get new customers from old customers that were referred by older customers. You get to concentrate more on the pleasure of working on the project rather than trying to sell your self or the work to some one that may be clueless.

Reply to
Leon

Cheers Nahmie

Yeah well . . .. its me against the dogs and Jean . .. and Jeans bite is way worse than her bark...

Funny how these dogs get a good life - i usually have our two tied up out front of the shop . . . morrie - the Kelpie X rolls over and gets his tummy rubbed all the time . . . .I try it and get me goolies trod on. . . ..

Phully

Reply to
Phil Laird

Gudday Lassa mate

Dunno lassa - depends on how hard you can fart i spose . . ..

Freight for the whole lot comes to Aud$1689 +3% for insurance and fumigation

Cheers Lassa

Phully

Reply to
Phil Laird

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:11:30 +0800, with neither quill nor qualm, "Phil Laird" quickly quoth:

Gudday, Phullykins.

Ewe've never seen me after a Taco Bell Fest, have ye?

HOLY SHIT, BATMAN! That effectively doubles the price, doesn't it? Wow!

----

- Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it? -

Web Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques