Dust Collection: Would this be enough?

I have a small shop and am looking into a Dust Collection system My inital thoughts were a Delta or Jet that moves 650-1200 CFM. However this EBay auction has me wondering!!

barnesrich

You damn fool, that is an industrial machine. What you want is:

Toller

You know this might work at keep all the air,furniture,pets,pests,and humans out of your house.its not a bad deal though!

Len

leonard

I vote for the big one...400 hp sounds about right for a small shop. Plus, it has fire protection built in so grounding is unnecessary. However,

120,000 cfm may cause your shop walls and roof to implode, so some structural bracing will be in order. And your TS, DP, planer etc may get sucked up a tube and out of your shop, so skip the mobile bases and bolt everything directly to the floor. My $.02 --dave

Dave Jackson

Maybe you could set it up and share it with your neighbors and some of us - could you run one of the pipes to upstate New York for me? I figure about 1000cfm would be plenty for me, which is less than 1% of its capacity. You could provide 100 of us with good-quality dust collection! Of course, then you'd need to leave it running all the time, but it sure would be handy for me. Any other takers?

Reply to
Andy

"You damn fool, that is an industrial machine"

lol!

Reply to
barnesrich

On 21 Nov 2005 13:05:56 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com quickly quoth:

Reply to
Larry Jaques

ebay Item number: 7563610365 is a good deal, up to about $80, then consider the similar harborfreight unit.

Reply to
Nobull4u

Wonder no more. It will be powerfull enough. In fact, you might be able to rent suction to everyone on your block as well! Make sure you ground the PVC pipes!

Dave

TeamCasa

x 8' shop, call it roughly 6000 cubic feet, that would completely exchange the air in my shop something like 20 times per minute, or roughly once every 3 seconds. I'd say dust wouldn't have much of a chance. OTOH, the idea of working in a wind tunnel would probably not be much fun.

Mark & Juanita

The similar hf unit doesn't have a 1 micron bag, and presumably has hf quality...

Reply to
Toller

Open your windows and doors before you turn it on!

RonB

Reply to
RonB