Re: "Houston, we have a problem."

And are shocked, shocked I tell you, when they achieve it! LOL!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

"Driving while stupid".

Reminds me of the time my boss asked me to ride down to the jail with her to lend moral support while she bailed her kid out. The kid, after annoying cops in a number of ways, finished up by telling the cop "You can't arrest me", to which the cop replied "You have the right to remain silent . . ."

Reply to
J. Clarke

One of the best stories I've heard, a woman complained a car was speeding down her street every day at the same time. She called police to complain and they set up to stop him.

Police stopped him and said "I've been waiting for you" and the driver replied, "I got here as fast as I could". Got a warning and problem solved.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I think it was Ice-T (Law and Order SVU) that was heard to say:

"You have the right to remain stupid."

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Sounds exactly like what I would say. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I made a right hand turn from a side street onto a main road. There was a police car coming up the road, but he was in the left lane and at least a block away. Seconds later he's right behind me, lights on.

As I'm slowing to pull over, my mind is racing trying to figure out what I did wrong. I used my blinker, my seat belt was on, I didn't cut him off. What did I do?

Just as I'm about to stop, he pulls out from behind me, slows as he gets alongside, waves, laughs, then speeds off.

Turns out it was one of the other Dad's from my daughter's basketball team. Those DERBYDAD plates made me very recognizable around town. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03