Houston Woodworking Show

I'm heading to the Houston Woodworking Show this weekend. Any suggestions as to a class or seminar that has proven to be really good in the past. Also, do I need to sign up for classes prior to arriving at the show? Don't know how fast they fill up . . . ?

Thanks in advance . . . Steve

Reply to
Steve DeMars

Lowell Holmes

Where in Houston does this take place? Thanks

Steve DeMars wrote:

Reply to
Joe

HOUSTON, TX Reliant Park Halls E2 & E4 One Reliant Park Houston, TX 72054 Friday: 12pm - 7pm; Saturday 10am - 6pm; Sunday: 10am - 4pm Sponsored by: The Woodworking Shows

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

I need a couple of "filials" made (I think they're called). About 3/4" diameter and a couple of inches long. I'd pay for your time if you can help me. Joe

Steve DeMars wrote:

Reply to
Joe

Better talk to mom and dad....

Reply to
George

The Joe entity posted thusly:

heh! That's 'finials', but it's a lot closer than the guys on router workshop that called them 'fennels'. I though I'd tuned to a wood-oriented cooking show.

The older fella also cuts 'tenets'.

Reply to
Oleg Lego

Thanks for the correction, I'll add that to my word list. And I'll include 'filial' since I had to look that one up too.

Anyhow, I don't guess I've run into a Houston wood-turner that can help me, just wordsmiths.

Reply to
Joe

I call 'em tall, fancy knobs.. *g*

If you can't find someone local, most of us would probably be willing to help you out by mail..

You might also check sites such as this one:

mac davis

You asked for Houston, but as Mac mentioned, given the size, the world's available by post.

Takes longer, though.

Reply to
George

Excuse me, but what happened to the Houston Woodworking Show topic . . .?

suggestions as

Reply to
Steve DeMars

Actually Steve, I thought it played out well. Four posts on topic isn't a record, but it isn't bad. Sometimes the thread is hijacked after the first post when someone has soemthing really cute to say.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

I Know - I Know I Know . . . .

Thanks, Steve - packing for my first woodworking show . . .I'm excited . . . packed good shoes, comfortable clothes & several credit cards . . . even bringing the wife who always says " buy it if you think it will help you build projects" . . . .

Reply to
Steve DeMars

The Gulf Coast Wood Turners club will have a booth at the show. There will be a couple dozen people there who can turn what you need.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy

The Gulf Coast Woodturners Association:

(

)meets the third Saturday of each month, and has a bunch of people that can fix you up. You can also email them at:

"mail.gulfcoastwoodturners.org "

Sawblade

Reply to
Sawblade