The Woodworking Shows -- seminars?

The Show is coming to pdx the weekend of Oct21-23.

I was looking through the list of demos and seminars and I see that Michael Fortune's giving a bandsaw seminar.

Has anyone ever been to one of these? (The seminars, not the show itself). Any comments on the usefulness/value? -- there's really very little information about the seminar on the website, so I have no idea what I'd expect.

Thanks!

Reply to
John Thomas

Some of the seminars are good if you can get lucky enough to have a good presenter, find a seat where you can see what he's doing, and find a position where the PA system is tolerable and understandable. I guess I'm running about one in three of attending these seminars where these basic requirements are at an acceptable level.

Reply to
Charley

I agree with what Charley said. Perhaps if you post a list of seminars you're thinking about attending the folks here could post some feedback. I've been to several and have been impressed by Ian Kirby.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

"Jay Pique" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

This one:

Bandsaws - The Most Versatile Tool in the Shop by Michael Fortune.

Reply to
John Thomas