Re: entry door

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:38:05 GMT, "Roger Jensen" brought forth from the murky depths:

Thanks Kim, > >You are correct, mahogany is good choice. But I am looking for a "unique" >wood .. one that will work well, but not typically found on entry doors.

How about purkleheartless? I mean purpleheart.

--- In Christianity, neither morality nor religion comes into contact with reality at any point. --FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE

Comprehensive Website Development -

Reply to
Larry Jaques

How about Jarrah? Australian, reddish, hard and dense but not as hard or dense as Ipe. Not something you're likely to see in another house in the US although quite commonplace in Australia I understand.

Just a suggestion, but why not take a look through Woodworker's Source

--they show weight and hardness for each species they carry and have inexpensive collector samples so you can get a hands on look at anything that seems interesting without breaking the bank.

Reply to
J. Clarke