Re: Central Machinery quality? (2023 Update)

Wasn't Powermatic almost that color way back when before they went to Gold?

Reply to
Leon

I used to use the flux brushed for glue but switched to the silicone glue brushes that Wood Craft sells. Yellow tip, Black handle.

I bought 2 and have been using the first one for 10 plus years. And Yes I saw the second one yesterday. LOL

Easy to remove the glue if you for get to wash it out.

Reply to
Leon

I only use Wooster Foam Brushes but I do use the HF nitrile gloves.

Reply to
Leon

Hummmm our local store must have not gotten the message. I got my HF gloves at the old regular price last year. But yeah, looking at the web site they have tippled in price.

Reply to
Leon

I try not to. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Yeah!!!

Reply to
Leon

Correct. China is in outer space. Pot metal probably does not work there. This is not a sign of quality by any stretch but some GM Buick's are made in China

Some people will not buy quality, that is why the Asian stuff is available.

For that matter, a lot of power tools, Milwaukee is one, are made in China.

It is all to do with required specifications.

Almost everything has a Made in China or a California Cancer warning label.

I wonder if the Welcome to California road signs, at the border, have a Cancer warning label. Those annual fires and the smoke can't be good for you. There should certainly be a Cancer warning label on the fire trucks.

Reply to
Leon

It is mostly the value of the dollar that dictates the difference in price from foreign manufacturers.

Reply to
Leon

Do you remember when last year? Maybe they had stock left. If they are true to their word about "profit margins" they wouldn't have raised their price until the cheaper inventory was sold out. I don't know when my local store put up the "profit margin" sign because I haven't shopped for gloves in a long time. I just happened to see the sign while I was in the store for some other items.

I remember looking for a hitch for my van last year. It was obvious who was price gouging and who wasn't. eTrailer kept their price low for in-stock items while other places jacked up their prices as soon as the factories shot down. Once in-stock inventories were depleted, delivery dates were measured in terms of months across the board which made it obvious that some actual sellers were jacking up their prices on inventory already on hand.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Makes sense. Evidently they kept the same industrial design department.

Reply to
krw

After May or June of last year I got over my paranoia. Our restaurants were only limited to curb-side for about six weeks and were back to our normal routine immediately after. We've never been in a tunnel but did get the second shot a month ago.

Reply to
krw

Well, since you asked... I've had one of their grinder stands for quite a while. Recently Woodcraft had a good sale on the Rikon low speed grinder (better ones since). I bought another for it. The latter one was pure junk. The tube is so thin that there is no way to tighten the base tight enough, not only keep it straight, but keep it from wobbling in use. I was thinking about the one above for both grinders but decided against it.

Reply to
krw

Maybe that's going a little far but I'll guarantee that there are Prop-65 warnings on fire extinguishers. ...and likely on PPE, too.

Reply to
krw

You must remember that all chemicals are bad. Overdoes of water killed about 3500 people last year.

Also do you know how many people die from eating steel nut and screws?

The California laws you have to warn people about these chemical dangers.

Of course, there are other equally important lawyer warnings that appear in many areas, such as the one not to put your hand in to the revolving lawn mower blade.

Reply to
knuttle

And the famous one on land mines--"do not eat".

Reply to
J. Clarke

Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Might work pretty good for plumbing flux too. Disposable brushes are nice, but it just feels like such a waste when you're only doing two joints.

I'll have to look for those. How much does the silicone flex?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

From 25 years ago... I'm pretty sure we've lost a few. Charlie Self for one... My last e-mail swap with him was at least 10-12+ years ago and that was initiated as we hadn't seen him post recently. On the other hand, if we're here to read these posts and respond we're probably still alive.... though if the gap between post and reading is too long some of us might not be. ;~)

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Think of how many new customers HF may have picked up in the last year due to those gloves! The answer could be "none", but I doubt it.

Reply to
Bill

Quite a bit. They have approximately 30 little fingers that are about

3/4" long.

Woodcraft also sells a small green rectangular silicone container for glue. Dried glue comes out of that easily too.

And I have this also for laying out glue with a roller. I do not often use this unless I need to spread a lot of glue.

Leon

Silicone is the latest rage in cookware. I have a couple of brushes like yours for basting, buttering, etc. We also have some spatulas, stirring spoons, etc. We haven't tried any of the muffin tins or cake/loaf pans, but I keep thinking about it. I see them used on the cooking competition shows all the time. The food items just pop right out, like a ice from a plastic ice cube tray.

High heat resistance (600°), stain-resistant, non-scratch, non-reactive to foods, etc.

You can buy food safe silicone putty to make you own molds. Mold it around a favorite item/trinket and make personalized cookies and candies.

One example:

With a 3D printer, CNC machine or maybe even an Origin, the possibilities are virtually limitless.

Reply to
DerbyDad03