Central Machinery - Harbor Freight 15" Wood Lathe

Has anyone seen or used the Central Machinery 15" Variable speed wood lathe for $399.00? If so what is your opinion of it and is it a clone of some other brand name lathe?

Reply to
Sammy

Woodcraft has the Jet Mini for $199.00 A MUCH better choice... plus you can get a wider variety of accessories for it.

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

It looks alot like the Craftsman Lathe that appears in the Sears Tool Catalog. Can't say good/bad. I bought the HF Jet clone a year ago and am happy with it - it's a good starter lathe. If I had to do it again, I might try this new larger HF clone. Just my opinion.

Reply to
m-halverson

Using smaller fonts in HTML saves electrons and helps the environment.

It looks alot like the Craftsman Lathe that appears in the Sears Tool Catalog. Can't say good/bad. I bought the HF Jet clone a year ago and am happy with it - it's a good starter lathe. If I had to do it again, I might try this new larger HF clone. Just my opinion.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Amazon's got the new Jet Mini with Variable Speed for $275 with free shipping. It's listed at $299 but they'll take $25 off that when you place your order.

With Free Shipping, it usually takes a couple of weeks to arrive. I ordered mine on a Thursday evening and it arrived Monday morning.

Cheers, cc

Reply to
James Cubby Culbertson