Thumbs up for CMT 6-1/2" super thin kerf blade

I just received the blade today and gave it a try. What a remarkable improvement over anything I've used in my Makita cordless circular saw. I'd get so much tear out that I'd have to allot an extra 1/2" when cutting MDF for example, down to rough sizes. This is the thinnest blade I've ever seen. 36 teeth, 20 degree ATB, 5/8 hole. it is .054" thick. part number 272.165.36. I tried it out on baltic birch and got ZERO tear out on the underside.

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave