Good thin-kerf blades

What's the best brand of thin kerf 12" blades for a 12" DeWalt sliding com- pound miter saw? It seems like the saw is a bit underpowered and I don't want to use the thicker blades, and the cheap thin blades cut like they're dull from the git go. Maybe you have to live with a blade that has less teeth? I've been using the 60-80 tooth ones.

Reply to
BUB 209

bub209 asks:

You're running the same amperage in the DeWalt I'm running in my Bosch, IIRC (15). I don't understand why you're having a problem with power. You're not making a long cut, depth is seldom more than 3", and 15 amps should be more than sufficient to drive a 12" 80 tooth (what I'm currently running). Regardless of blade quality, ANY 12" thin kerf blade is more likely to deflect and screw up your cut than is a full kerf type.

Charlie Self "I think we agree, the past is over." George W. Bush

Reply to
Charlie Self

Perhaps the best brand is Forrest.

But do you want to give up accuracy for speed? Thin kerf blades will flex. If it were me I would stick with the regular kerf and probably a Forrest and feed slower. That said however you might find that a premium regular kerf blade like the Forrest may very cut faster than an average thin kerf blade. As a side note, I once had a Craftsman 1 hp TS. I used thin kerf exclusively but was never really happy with the wavy cuts. My local sharpener talked me in to a regular kerf Systematic blade. I never went back to a thin kerf blade.

Reply to
Leon

I put the Forrest on mine and it cuts like a buzz saw. Forrest blades are great. max

Reply to
max

yep thin kerf sucks. hell in a 12" chopsaw I would use a 12" 1/8" thick blade and a stiffener myself. forrest makes a huge difference.

Reply to
Steve Knight

You might be asking too much of the saw. Just be a little more gentle. I can stall the biggest saw if I'm too aggressive with the pull.

Best thin kerf I've used on the TS is a CMT but never tried ot on the cuttoff.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Echo what others have said - when you need to nibble or clean up a cut, you'll curse the thin kerfs. Until they make a "thick kerf:" blade, I'll stay with my full kerf 60T DeWalt running a negative hook angle.

Reply to
patrick conroy

I really like my Freud Diablo on my table saw. it's got 80 teeth, and leaves a surface like glass. Price was not excessive, either. Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus