Re: anant planes

Is this a cheap price on a good plane, or just a cheap plane?

Reply to
Bob Bowles

Joe, They are made in India and are definitely 'El Cheapo'.

HOWEVER . . . I got a couple from HF at less than $10 each . . . about what their worth, in my opinion. Good enough & cheap enough for a couple of 'experiments'. I wanted something to easily & quickly 'chop down' extruded dried glue, and a 'roughing' or 'scrub' plane. Since how well a tool cuts is more dependent on the SHARPNESS of the blade than anything else, they are a place to start.

Worst case scenario . . . I toss the bodies and keep the Rosewood handles and fore-knob to use on Jigs & Fixtures.

Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop

Reply to
Ron Magen