Re: Brookhaven or Kitchen Craft Cabinets?

We are going to remodel our kitchen and can not decide on the

>cabinet's brand - Brookhaven or Kitchen Craft? Quality and looks are >both essential to us.
Reply to
Bob Bowles

john carlson

Reply to
Bob Bowles

Before making up your mind, get some bids from local cabinetmakers and see what it would cost to have them custom made locally. You can often get better quality cabinets for the same, or a lower, price; you won't have to deal with wasted space from standard sized, mass produced cabinets (no matter how pretty they look in the pictures, they never quite seem to live up to expectation when installed); and you should get problems along the way solved much quicker ... it is almost guaranteed there will be some potential 'show stoppers' at some point along the way.

That said, are you certain that you need new cabinets? New doors, drawer fronts, and upgrading visible side panels can make an old kitchen new again for a lot less.

Reply to
Swingman

Ditto Swingman. Having the cabinets custom built on site is normally not too much more than buying the prebuilt stuff.

Reply to
Leon