Dust Collection Motor

Hi Everyone,

Got a question. I've just finished having a 500 sq ft shop built. It's on the back of my property with about 20 ft off the back of the property line. I dump my grass clipping behind the shop. I was thinking about just getting a motor and venting my dust right out the back vice "collecting" it inside the shop. Since my grass clipping are already there, I would simply have the motor blow my dust right onto that pile. Is this a good ideal? Where could I get a motor?

Thanks Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Baker

The down side is if you heat or AC your shop you will be blowing all your conditioned air outsideat what ever rate you dust collector is. 500 square foot shop X 9(?) foot ceilings = 4500 cubic feet. 1000 cfm dust collector = one complete air chage every 4-1/2 minutes! You will need a 12 ton AC and a

150,000 BTU furance to keep up! Greg
Reply to
Greg O

Do you have neighbors? The dust surely will not land in a nice neat pile.

Most any industrial supply sells motor/blower assemblies. Grainger, McMaster, used equipment dealers. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Interesting idea but you may have some zoning, and heath issues. Check Rockler, Pennstate, Grizzly, or wood craft, One of those I thinks sells you the motors.

Reply to
Young Carpenter