Question about BandSaw Boxes

Hello, I cut out a bandsaw box for SWMBO, and have just completed gluing the drawers back together. I based the design on a picture I saw in a.b.p.w.

Can anyone who has made one of these tell me what is done about the kerf at the bottom and the drawer separator section, where the cuts are started? It seems like the box is fragile and would/could warp if not fastened back together at these points. I considered cutting a thin piece of wood and gluing inside the kerf, hidden from view. Is this what is normally done?

Not that anyone really cares, I plan to post a picture in a.b.p.w when done. I have never made one of these before, and am impressed with the results - wood is really amazing!

Thanks,

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

Anthony Diodati

The kerf at the bottom and the drawer separator sections are plenty solid being about 6" thick or whatever the thickness you used. All the boxes I have made have not had any trouble with the kerfs. There is really no weight to speak of being applied against them. They look better if you leave the kerf and just round over the edges of the cut lines.

Tim

Reply to
TDUP

Well, if they're the one's I'm thinking about, I made a few this year as gifts. I didn't see any problems with leaving the kerfs alone. There isn't any weight to really worry about. I'll throw a couple pics tomorrow on ABPW.

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

I glue the kerf back together with glue. I use titebond type 2. My blade, a

Reply to
FOW