Protective sealer on door trim?

I'm refinishing the trim around my back door. I got a new door and in putting it on ha to remove the interior trim so I'm refinsihing it since it's off. I've sanded the old stain and such off and will be putting on the new stain today. Do I need to coat it with anything before I put it back on the wall such as Poly or some other protective coating?

Just looking for advice.

Thanks.

Reply to
Mr B

Latex primer with oil, Oil-based primer with latex?

Reply to
Wm Jones

on ha to remove

and such off and

I put it back on

I'm sure others will echo in before this post reaches the group.Anyway: Stain in and of itself is only colorant. It needs some other protective finish on an interior finish. If it were out doors & on a fence-- probly not Just my 2 C

Reply to
Phil