Powermatic and StopSaw in Canada

I am in the market for a 10" cabinet saw. I read the reviews in Fine Woodworking and they gave the "thumbs up" to the Powermatic PM2000 and the StopSaw. I'd love to purchase either of these two saws but can't for the life of me find them in Ontario. I called Powermatic in the U.S. They gave me four phone numbers in the GTA of Powermatic dealers and they all responded "huh?" or "whatamatic?". If anyone knows where to but good machine tools like these please let me know. Thanks a million.

Reply to
heartsap

I've found Powermatic to be hard to obtain in Canada.

I know the Sawstop can be ordered from "House of Tools", which is a Canadian company but they only have stores in the three western provinces.

Sawstop lists "Federated Tool Supply" in London, and "Normand Woodworking Machinery, Inc." in Mississauga as their Ontario dealers.

You might try asking Rob Lee from Lee Valley Tools where he got his Sawstop machines...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

On Jun 19, 12:09 pm, Chris Friesen wrote: [snipped for brevity]

Both are excellent suppliers. Normand a bit more towards the big guns.

Speaking of 'big guns', David Eisan, a Wrecker from way back, is the top-dog at Federated. If you want a great saw, don't exclude General and MiniMax...superb products.

Yup... he's a great source of info.

Reply to
Robatoy

Federated Tool Supply in London got me my Powermatic PM15. Give David Eisan a call and see what he can do for you.

P.S. Leave your extra money at home when you get the mahine I can't leave Federated Tools without spending a few hundred.

Reply to
HotRdd

Since you're in Canada, have you considered General?

Reply to
Gordon Airporte

:)

Reply to
dpb

Hello there,

Stop in and see me at Federated anytime. We are across the street from Fanshawe College on Oxford Street East in London.

I doubt you have been in a store like ours before, I just spent most of the afternoon assembling a MiniMax Genius C26 combo machine for display. We have Minimax sliders, Sawstop, General 350's, Unisaws, off shore saws and much, much more on display and in stock.

David Eisan Fed Tool Guy.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

Oh yah, I can get you a What-O-Matic 2000 cabinet saw for you if you like as well...

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan