Pots and Pans Drawers Should Be In The Building Code

On 23-Sep-17 9:52 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote: ...

That's the one thing we have is a large pantry directly off the kitchen...my uncle Wilbur builtin a set of shelves some 50 yr ago which made a big help but they also are just shelves with no organizing aids and there's a ledge below that is open area of 28" or so.

I need to build some organization into it and would make all the difference but I haven't had inspiration of the magic orientation and not had time to actually sit down and measure and design something that works.

Reply to
dpb

On 23-Sep-17 9:06 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote: ...

The whole old farm house is, too...folks refurb'ed it (full gut to studs all outer walls to insulate/wiring, the works, etc.) in late '70s/early '80s and it hasn't had anything inside since and shows.

I started the idea of refacing the cabinets the year after we came (2000) to the point of buying the material and it's still waiting.

I intended same style doors but unlike you I removed one for sizing and it's been off now since setting in the corner! :)

I built the originals for dad way back when; mom wanted "plain" so they're just slab doors with routed edges. I wanted to go inset instead of surface but I've run into problem that dad and I built a custom lazy susan into the back corner and we used every fraction of an inch we could for storage so the front lip of the cutout section protrudes 'til it barely clears the 3/8" inset of the door. It would be a major job to get into that cabinet to work on fixing that so I've been puzzling ever since on just how to do what I really wanted...

We, too, have finally decided 'enough is enough' and are trying to actually get some things going so I guess I'll just do the next best and do the overlays. Unfortunately, the one thing we _did_ do was replace the wornout Formica countertop with a faux stone but I didn't add additional overhang as I was counting on inset doors...

Reply to
dpb

lot of kitchens hang the pots and pans on hooks now

just reach for it when needed

Reply to
Electric Comet

I have both: A hanging rack above the stove for the most commonly used item s and now the drawers for the rest.

It's hard to hang everything...especially items without hooked handles.

Reply to
DerbyDad03