Possible Gloat

Hi Group, I don't know if this qualifies as a gloat or a neener. I just picked up a like new Pioneer 8" jointer, Model PNR13-200GL with a mobile base and blade setting jig for $530. I'll have to touch up the blades a little but it's a vast improvement over the 6" Craftsman that we been using. Jim

Reply to
James

Never heard of it. Can't even find a pic of it on Google..

Reply to
tiredofspam

Sounds expensive for a gloat. More like a neener

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

don't know if this will work. Jim

Reply to
James

I wasn't sure. That's why I qualified it. The only other 8" jointer that I found that had a 75" bed was Grizzly. It's a vast improvement over our 6 1/8" Craftsman that I bought back in the 70's. Jim

Reply to
James

Like this one?

are pretty simple machines so as long as the tables are co-planer and the fence is straight and can be adjusted to square it should be fine. Looks like it may have a magnetic switch too which is a plus... I'd say you did good!

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Pioneer Machine Tools -

elements of that Pioneer look exactly like my 15 yr old Powermatic model 60. Your beds are longer, the hand cranks are larger and the cabinet is larger, otherwise it looks the same. I think you did good.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

maker. I was too quick to post that link, without studying the site.

I think the "jointer" Pioneer may be a distributing company -

- and they put their label on the product. Despite this, I still think you may have done well.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Hi I would say you got a deal, anything that crosses the US. Canuckestan border we can expect to pay 30% more, of course we've got the money.

Sal

Reply to
sal

I think I did too. There's a Pioneer 6" jointer here locally and the asking price is $800. Pioneer is Western Tool Supply's house brand. Seems to be a Northwest company. We have a local store here. Jim

Reply to
James