Maybe a Neener

Hi Group, I don't know if this qualifies as neener but I just bought a Jet JWL-1236 lathe off Craigslist in Washington for $175 with two faceplates, two tool rests and the tool rest extension plus the guys

12" Craftsman bandsaw for $125 for my brother-in-law. The bandsaw looks brand new. The lathe had a little light rust on it, was on the coast. He would start it by spinning the chuck. When I got it home I found a wire missing off the capacitor. That's being taken care of. Other than that it looks new and its a vast improvement over the lathe I have now a Dunlap that I've had since Junior High School. He also threw in some maple blocks he had also a couple of nice pieces of yellow pine. We did have to drive over from Boise, Id to pick it up but we needed to get out of town anyway. Jim
Reply to
James

Why didn't you talk him down on either price?!?

-- Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable, when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities. -- Susan Rice

Reply to
Larry Jaques

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- Susan Rice

Wow... he paid full pop?

Reply to
Robatoy

Hell, $125 for a brand new Crapsman anything is too much.

-- Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable, when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities. -- Susan Rice

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Actually I did on the bandsaw and since Woodcraft gets $900 + tax and shipping for the same lathe I didn't think $175 was bad. Jim

Reply to
James