Plastic lumber -- where do you buy it?

On 3/18/2012 5:38 PM, Bill wrote:

DAGS.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
replying to Richard, John wrote: Ohio thank you
On 3/18/2012 8:43 AM, mkr5000 wrote:

Find a manufacturer who makes what you want (Google for 'HDPE plastic lumber') and once you locate one or two ask THEM who sells it within your area. This is far easier than going from the other direction. Sales people are usually eager to tell you where to buy their products and I've even known them go arrange free samples if I acted nice - I've scored free 'Lyptus' lumber, loads of hardware, paint, finishes, glue, tools, and other goodies after talking to sales critters.

HD sells Azek here now, but it's PVC. What's "Midwest"? What -are- you after? You stated HDPE, so you are probably thinking about a brand. What brand? Have you called the mfgr? Do you want virgin vinyl, PVC, composite, or what? What does your lumberyard man who carries the decking say about it?
If you want sane answers, tell us what you searched for and why. I searched for HDPE lumber and found dimensional lumber for decking. MAXiTUF. Ask Resco. http://rescoplastics.com/maxituf-engineering-specs
-- When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire. -- Whoopi Goldberg
On 3/18/2012 5:43 AM, mkr5000 wrote:

That depends on where in the world you might be, but here is a typical plastic sheet product....
http://www.kingplastic.com/products/all-products/king-starboard-family/king-starboard /
I hope you have a large balance credit card.
I seem to recall a 4x8 sheet at around $400.
"mkr5000" wrote:

---------------------------------- WISC close enough?
http://tinyurl.com/y976voo
Lew
Now you're talkin.
Thanks !
replying to mkr5000, David Wagner wrote: Did you ever find a source? Unfortunately nobody on this blog understood your question. I build adirondack chair from "Northdex" decking from Menards. You can cut, rip, and rout the edges, but be careful when screwing, it split easily. I'd like to find something better, like what is used on the finished polywood products. One by or five quarter would be ideal. I'm in Minnesota
replying to mkr5000, David Wagner wrote: Did you ever find a source? Unfortunately nobody on this blog understood your question. I build adirondack chair from "Northdex" decking from Menards. You can cut, rip, and rout the edges, but be careful when screwing, it split easily. I'd like to find something better, like what is used on the finished polywood products. One by or five quarter would be ideal. I'm in Minnesota
On Sunday, March 18, 2012 at 8:43:18 AM UTC-4, mkr5000 wrote:

Please check out www.PlasticLumberStore.net for all of your needs. We can ship anywhere, although our retail store is located in Ohio. We sell HDPE in various sizes and shapes, not just deck boards.

The link to the lumber is not working though. Sounds interesting if we could see it.
On 6/13/2018 3:05 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I don't know where you live, but I have used this material before. I was able to purchase it at Lowes, but I have seen it at Home Depot.
One thing I used it for was to replace the sill on our patio doors. It was easy to cut and shape. We lived there nearly 10 years and it was as good as it was when I put it in.
Unless you have special requirements you make check your local Lowes or Home Depot.
--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre

On 6/13/2018 2:32 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

I've used the PVC boards to replace facia and the PVC brickmold to trim out replacement doors and windows. Works great and will never rot. First go around you can fill your nail holes with silicone caulk or just fill them and paint them. My window trim has been in place for ~ 10 years now and is a bit chalky to the touch. Next time we stain/paint I'll paint the PVC.
Neat trick I learned last year when I replaced a couple of large windows. This stuff is dense and if you use a CA "super glue" along with the activator, you can have miter joints (assuming you measure THREE times and cut once, that look like they were molded.
I used the 2P-10 stuff from FastCap (great product) but I suppose any will work equally well. I did a test run cutting the 45 degree miter on a 2' piece of scrap. Lined them up, pushed them together hand tight and held my breath for about 20 seconds. The bond was cured at that point. For giggle I tried to pull it apart. Forget it! I smacked one leg of it against a concrete sidewalk. . . TWICE and then it broke but, like any good Titebond glue joint, it didn't break at the joint. The PCV shattered about 3" out from the joint.
I can't say enough good things about PVC trim boards.

I use the CA glue on it, too, with great results. I friggin HATE the saw dust though. It stick to everything.
--

-MIKE-

On 6/13/2018 9:52 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

[snip]

No lie! I look enough like the Pillsbury Dough Boy without the coating of "flour: ;)

I just pictured a fluffy donut with coconut sprinkles stuck to it. :~)
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 22:08:16 -0500, Unquestionably Confused

"I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something that I loved from my childhood. Something that would never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay-Puft."
On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 3:05:31 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Works just fine for me.
On 6/13/2018 6:14 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Well, silly me clicked where it says "click here" It comes up if you notice the side menu rather than follow the instructions.
On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 8:14:41 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Hover over the "Click Here" or "Keep Reading" button on the same row. They both link right back to www.plasticlumberstore.net
Bad website maintenance.