Plastic lumber -- where do you buy it?

This is now:

Doug Winterburn

that sell plastic furniture and products but no info on raw materials.

Find a manufacturer who makes what you want (Google for 'HDPE plastic lumber') and once you locate one or two ask THEM who sells it within your area. This is far easier than going from the other direction. Sales people are usually eager to tell you where to buy their products and I've even known them go arrange free samples if I acted nice - I've scored free 'Lyptus' lumber, loads of hardware, paint, finishes, glue, tools, and other goodies after talking to sales critters.

Reply to
John McGaw

DAGS.

Reply to
Swingman

And?

Reply to
Richard

Yep. Made a lot of sens 100 years ago!

Reply to
Richard

Well, you can define it any way you want, but don't be surprised when people don't know WTF you're talking about.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

I ran into a head hunter once, who refered to the Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois areas as the mid-east, vs the mid-west Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.

Makes logical sense.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

If you know a town near buy that has a Home Depot or Lowes they sell several brands.

They also sell stuff on line. Wonder if you could order several 'boards' and have them delivered. Something to look into.

I bought a length for my weather station - out in the direct sun.

Mart> You are after the smooth stuff on both sides?

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

that sell plastic furniture and products but no info on raw materials.

HD sells Azek here now, but it's PVC. What's "Midwest"? What -are- you after? You stated HDPE, so you are probably thinking about a brand. What brand? Have you called the mfgr? Do you want virgin vinyl, PVC, composite, or what? What does your lumberyard man who carries the decking say about it?

If you want sane answers, tell us what you searched for and why. I searched for HDPE lumber and found dimensional lumber for decking. MAXiTUF. Ask Resco.

you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire. -- Whoopi Goldberg

Reply to
Larry Jaques

BS it still is the location of MidWest.

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

FWIW, I couldn't have exactly named the states of the "Midwest". But that little map at wikipedia does help ... And I didn't know it was an official region in the US census.

Reply to
Han

It is an old description of a region in the US. While it does not necessarily reflect what you would assume not knowing the history of the US it is similar to the region known as the Deep South, which is way north of several areas in the US. Then there is the South West, which is north west of half of Texas, The South which includes states that we in Texas consider the North. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

that sell plastic furniture and products but no info on raw materials.

That depends on where in the world you might be, but here is a typical plastic sheet product....

hope you have a large balance credit card.

I seem to recall a 4x8 sheet at around $400.

Reply to
Pat Barber

---------------------------------- WISC close enough?

Lew Hodgett

Now you're talkin.

Thanks !

Reply to
mkr5000

replying to DanG, John wrote: since I am trying to find plastic lumber like 1x8 or 1/2 x6 and none of these plastic places do not know what dimensioned lumber is they must not make it

Reply to
John

replying to Gordon Shumway, John wrote: evergreen has some also

but can not seem to get help every body wants to sell you furnituru I just lookink for lumber that will not rot thanks John

Reply to
John

replying to tiredofspam, John wrote: thank you

Reply to
John

replying to dpb, John wrote: just want to make some bird houses thanks

Reply to
John

replying to Martin Eastburn, John wrote: thank you

Reply to
John