PlantFest Pics

About 2 weeks ago, my computer crashed, so I lost the recent individual pic= s of my PlantFest showings. Here are some group pics of my booth with item= s. These pics were still in my camera, so were not lost.

These projects/items have been made/collected over the past ~30 years, so t= hey represent various degrees or elements of my woodworking/decor thinking = and driftwood type collecting sense, over the years. The general sense is = for gardening and nature related use or decor. My booth was for showing my= personal items, not for selling, as with other vendor booths. My booth sp= ace was limited, so I didn't/couldn't show all of my (lawn, patio and in ho= me decor) items. I think this is a nice assortment, though.

If need be, click the individual pic to read the description/commentary: h= ttp://

I hope they give you some ideas for your own projects and/or gardening deco= r/accents, etc., also. I've enjoyed all the camping trips, canoe trips and= other outings & adventures it took to obtain many of these pieces, as well= . =20

Sonny

Reply to
cedarsonny

of my PlantFest showings. Here are some group pics of my booth with items. These pics were still in my camera, so were not lost.

represent various degrees or elements of my woodworking/decor thinking and driftwood type collecting sense, over the years. The general sense is for gardening and nature related use or decor. My booth was for showing my personal items, not for selling, as with other vendor booths. My booth space was limited, so I didn't/couldn't show all of my (lawn, patio and in home decor) items. I think this is a nice assortment, though.

decor/accents, etc., also. I've enjoyed all the camping trips, canoe trips and other outings & adventures it took to obtain many of these pieces, as well.

Great looking stuff, I am always drawn to the use of natural pieces.

Adventures indeed, some of those pieces are large and had to be "interesting getting them to the truck".

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

of my PlantFest showings. Here are some group pics of my booth with items. These pics were still in my camera, so were not lost.

represent various degrees or elements of my woodworking/decor thinking and driftwood type collecting sense, over the years. The general sense is for gardening and nature related use or decor. My booth was for showing my personal items, not for selling, as with other vendor booths. My booth space was limited, so I didn't/couldn't show all of my (lawn, patio and in home decor) items. I think this is a nice assortment, though.

> I hope they give you some ideas for your own projects and/or gardening decor/accents, etc., also. I've enjoyed all the camping trips, canoe trips and other outings & adventures it took to obtain many of these pieces, as well.

Oh man! I'm willing to bet that you could have sold completely out had they for sale.

Beautiful work ...

Reply to
Swingman

of my PlantFest showings. Here are some group pics of my booth with items. These pics were still in my camera, so were not lost.

represent various degrees or elements of my woodworking/decor thinking and driftwood type collecting sense, over the years. The general sense is for gardening and nature related use or decor. My booth was for showing my personal items, not for selling, as with other vendor booths. My booth space was limited, so I didn't/couldn't show all of my (lawn, patio and in home decor) items. I think this is a nice assortment, though.

> I hope they give you some ideas for your own projects and/or gardening decor/accents, etc., also. I've enjoyed all the camping trips, canoe trips and other outings & adventures it took to obtain many of these pieces, as well.

Very cool, naturally.

Reply to
Leon

Thanks. =20

The big cedar items came from the front yard of the old homestead, the acer= age of which butts up against Chicot State Park. =20

At least some of the big cypress came from Chicot Park, when flooding washe= d sinker logs and other pieces over the spillway. All that "debris" was tr= apped along the tree-lined road, blocking the roadway. I asked the park of= ficials if I could collect the logs, and such, and they said yes, but I cou= ldn't bring in heavy equipment. I drug, with the pickup, some logs to the = back field, not far away. It was lots of work, but I was younger. It was = fun and I ended up with quite a bit of subsequent lumber and other assorted= pieces.

Sonny

Reply to
cedarsonny

Thanks Karl. I recall, when looking at your white oak bark (comparison)pic= , in Arkansas I think it was, and wondered about your scenic decor there...= . At least a swing hanging from a tree or on a porch? .... a common amenit= y for a good Cajun, anywhere. I don't recall if there was one, but I did l= ook at that pic with that sense in mind. We think of the old homestead as = a similar kind of retreat.

Sonny

Reply to
cedarsonny

Thanks Leon. I think my set of pieces would be more complete with a roof-top walking duck hanging around, though.

Sonny

Reply to
cedarsonny