PING: David F. Eisan re: no response from General after several tries

David -

Over the course of the last 4 weeks, I've sent several emails to Christian St-Cyr at General asking for tune up specs for the 350. I initially asked for specs and some parts prices. He responded with price info, but wanted to know why I wanted the tune up spec's.... What difference does that make? Anyway, I told him I wanted to check out the saw and never heard a peep back, other than the mail couldn't be delivered to snipped-for-privacy@general.ca. I then sent emails as you suggested to snipped-for-privacy@general.ca, with a cc to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com, and snipped-for-privacy@general.ca .

You've explained that they're busy and all that, but it has been a month and I've heard nary a peep since I first got a resonse from Christian St-Cyr.

These emails for the most part, have bounced back (at least the ones to snipped-for-privacy@general.ca, the others haven't) But my last two inquiries over the last 7 10 days haven't bounced or gotten a respose.

So, I've given up in trying to get an email response from General, and that's a real disappointment - I am *so* happy with the cab saw...

I guess I'll break down and call them, but why the heck have a website and email contact info if you're going to blow people off? I have been nothing less than polite, prompt and within reason in all of my messages and am a bit dismayed...

If you could pass word along to them through whatever contacts you have...

Thanks!

John Moorhead Lakeport, CA

Reply to
john moorhead

John,

Forward me the emails you sent General and I will forward them to someone who will respond. I am friends with the Ontario sales rep, I just sent this one to his personal email address. Send me the rest and I will forward them as well.

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

John,

I forwarded your emails to Peter Kennedy who is a friend of mine and the Ontario sales rep for General. I spoke with him today and I know your emails will be read by Gilles Gurette (sp) the owner and president of General. General does not have an "official" tune up procedure for the 350.

As I requested, please forward me your emails, both answered and unanswered and I will see that they get to where they need to go.

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

John,

4-5 years ago I bought a 35 year old 12" General TS at a school auction. I contacted General and they told me the exact year from the serial # and sent me a free manual. Pretty good customer service in my view.

Perhaps the difference was a phone call rather than email, although I agree with you that if they have internet contact info it should be promptly responded to.

Cheers,

Glen Duff

john moorhead wrote:

Reply to