picture frame

hi this sounds silly but is there a simple way of making a picture frame to fit pre cut glass i'll get to the point everytime Itry to cut the frame to suit the glass it is all way eather too short or long is there a simple way to do this

thanks in advance very red faced wood working novice

Reply to
gary livingstone

This is not really different than cutting pieces for a frame that would fit a picture..... Measure and cut from the spot that the glass or picture has to fit into. Be sure to take into account and subtract the width of the part of the frame that the glass or picture will recess into.

Reply to
Leon

Too long isn't a problem and is a good way for a novice to do it. Intentionally cut your pieces too long (just by a little) and then "sneak up" on the proper length by slowly reducing the length with multiple cuts to each piece. I've been working wood for years and I still sneak up on lengths for some things, particularly miters for frames that have very small tolerances for error. Gary

Reply to
Gary

Go here and scroll down to Cutting Miters:

C.

Reply to
Frank Campbell

Reply to
gary livingstone

Buy a glass cutter. They are really easy to use.

Reply to
Leslie Gossett

Yeah, and don't you just hate it when you shave off 1/32" too much on the fifth sneak?

Reply to
Silvan