painting

I can never remember this: When painting a ceiling, do you roll it out parallel or perpendicular to the main natural light source? The 3 windows in the room I'm painting all face east.

TIA,

Joe C.

Reply to
Joe C

Jeez!

I've painted quite a few ceilings and I have never thought about this, but it really does makes sense I suppose - for walls too in some situations.

I would guess that you would "roll" perpindicular to the main light source so as to minimize roll marks.

This assumes that your drywall/plaster is perfect to start with- mine never is.

Next time I do a ceiling, I am definitely going to try to impress SWMBO and anyone else standing by!

Thanks for the tip.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

a) you wouldn't roll solely in one direction anyway, you'd roll in a couple directions and at angles to any straight lines in the room b) with flat paint and careful application, it won't matter anyway.

Reply to
jeffc