Outhouse ideas

I need to build an outhouse at my cabin for winter use when the water is shut off.

I want to put up some kooky things, and make it a real interesting outhouse. I have thought of things like TV antenna, satellite dish, gun rack, and many things.

What joke items would you put on it?

What practical useful things would you put in?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Steve B" wrote

Well, the crate of corncobs is a favorite.

My grandfather used to do this to folks who visited him. He always told them that he was going to build on a bathroom soon. (But he already did.) He was a prankster. He would also hide the toliet paper.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Steve B wrote: > I need to build an outhouse at my cabin for winter use when the water is > shut off. >

A stack of red corn cobs and a stack of white corn cobs?

Why red and white you ask?

You use a red cob, then a white cob to see if you need to use another red cob.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Steve - You have been posting about your outhouse project since last october. you haven't built that crapper yet? Thought you were going to be done by spring.

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

No

Reply to
Mike Berger

Steve, I have built literally hundreds of latrines.

gags? Don't forget the Sears catalog - Oh wait they don't print one any more! I like the one where the toilet paper roll only gives one sheet at a time. Also, it must have a half moon on the door.

Dave

Teamcasa

Keep in mind that if you build the outhouse 100' from the house, in the winter that's going to be 100' too far and in the summer 100' too close. Also, put a speaker under the seat so's you can surprise your guests. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

I imagined a LOUD hollow "God that stinks... what died?" played shortly after seating Tom

Reply to
Noone

Hell, we had to wait for the snow to clear. Went up there a couple of weeks ago and worked on a retaining wall. Am taking some wrought iron and electric hoist up this coming weekend.

I'm retired, and there still isn't enough time to do everything. In the meantime, what's the harm in getting more info? Nothing like good planning and research.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

A buddy of mine has a battery powered fart maker, and a remote. I wonder what the range is on those.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

HEY (lady) (fellow) we are painting down here>>>>>>>

Reply to
Warren Weber

HEY (lady) (fellow) we are painting down here>>>>>>>

Reply to
Warren Weber

Reply to
Warren Weber

Magazine rack, which depending on the TP situation, could be a very practical item.

Condom dispenser. Or, if you prefer, feminine hygiene product dispenser. Or both, if it's a unisex outhouse.

Sandpaper dispenser, for taking care of the occasional splinter.

I remember one time back in Boy Scout summer camp, we went on a three-day canoe trip and spent one night on some island somewhere that had a *locked* outhouse. Why somebody would lock an outhouse is beyond me. Were they afraid something would get stolen??? Rather than break the lock off, we just unscrewed the hinges on the other side of the door :-)

Reply to
Roy Smith

| I need to build an outhouse at my cabin for winter use when the | water is shut off. | | I want to put up some kooky things, and make it a real interesting | outhouse. I have thought of things like TV antenna, satellite dish, | gun rack, and many things. | | What joke items would you put on it? | | What practical useful things would you put in? | | Steve

Catalogs and corn cobs are for sissies.

Hang up a roll of this stuff:

Dovey DeSoto Solar DeSoto, Iowa USA

Morris Dovey

Well if you want to show that you are well off you should make it a "two-holer" - then you and the wife can use it at the same time. . .

Having the door cut so you can open the top half and enjoy the view while the bottom part is closed shows class too. . .

BB

Reply to
BB

That keeper is going to the file. I had a suggestion that we put a window in the top half of a one part door. But I like your Dutch door idea better.

I just had the thought of making a divider between the two holes, and putting two pieces of screen with a gauzy cloth between them like a Catholic confessional. So the two could talk, but have privacy.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

how bout doing a 2 story set up

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

The corn cob story was told to me by my father who died in 1959.

It's been around for a while.

Someplace around here I have a copy of "The Country Plumber" by Chick Sales.

As I remember, it was a real hoot read.

Sort of the wood worker's guide to haw to build an out house with all it's variations.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett