Router Bit?

I'm looking for a router bit, sort of like like a flush trim bit or a rabbeting bit, which would have an interchangeable bearings to vary the depth of cut. Specifically I need to have bearings larger than the diameter of the bit, so that if the bearing rides on the pattern, the workpiece would be trimmed proud of, rather than flush with, the pattern. For "bonus points", I's like the cutter to be a shear cutter versus a straight cutter, for the cleanest cut.

I know I've seen this bit, but I can't find it on the web. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanx!

Reply to
gus

Upscale

They also come in sets but I doubt you will find a set with an 'oversize' bearing to allow the work to be cut proud of the pattern. But you could buy a big bearing.

RayV

Reply to
r payne

Pretty hard to beat these here:

have one of their rabbeting bits that came with a set of bearings. The bit cuts beautifully and I can use the bearings on other bits I have too. Good quality and good prices.

Bruce

Reply to
bennybbc

There is a bit called "overhand trim bit" which may be what you are looking for.

Try this link for starters:

Reply to
Bob

Try this

?1149009980_22582+84I recently used this 1/2" bit with 5/8" bearing for triming an ebony spline 1/16" proud on a bread board top Joe

Reply to
joedog90045

You, that's what I want to do!! Thanx

Reply to
gus

What are ya building? I making a Greene and Greene end table based on a Darrell Peart plan

Reply to
joedog90045