Pattern Router Bit

Is there a general/all-purpose size pattern bit which would be beneficial to own? I would like to have a range of different sizes, but for now, I would like to start with a basic one then go from there.

Thanks

Reply to
SBH

Well, all flush trim bits can be used for a lot of things. I like to keep several in stock but a 3/8" bottom bit is my favorite.

I keep a couple of top bits for working on templates.

You really end up buying bits based on the job you are doing. You will accumulate several after a few years.

Of course the big difference is if you are using the router hand held or in a table.

I also f> Is there a general/all-purpose size pattern bit which would be beneficial to

Reply to
Pat Barber

Rockler sells a combination pattern/flush trim bit. It's a helical bit with a bearing on the top and the bottom - Very very handy

Hope this helps

Reply to
Gregory Paolini