OT: The Dumbest Blonde Ever

A few days ago I was at the auto parts store when a blonde came in and asked for a seven-hundred-ten. No one had any clue what the part was -- even the manager.

"Come on!" she said, exasperated. "Every car I've ever had has one! But mine fell off, and I need a new one."

Finally, I stepped in. "Would it help to look under my hood, and you can point out what it is you want?" I asked.

"Yes!" she exclaimed, and I led the blonde to my car with a parade of parts guys right behind.

I opened the hood. "Is there a 710 on this car?" I asked. She pointed and said, "Of course, it's right there!"

And here's what we saw:

Dhakala

LRod

Nope...didn't see it coming the last 15 times it was posted here either.

Must be a good joke.. because it keeps on getting me.

Reply to
Robatoy

Maybe you're just, you know, a bit dense?

Dave "I say that in a nice way, of course..." Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

ote:

"A bit"? Kinda like those granite counter tops he sells eh? That's why=20 he keeps buying new routers! he he he! Everybody knows you're s'posed=20 to chisel the rocks...

--=20 Will R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art

power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20 who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
WillR

Errrr.... you wouldn't happen to be blonde, would you?

:)

Reply to
Vic Baron

The funny thing is that someone, at some time, looked at that cap and said, "Now why does that say '710'?

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

I got a .wav a while back that was how do you recognize a blonde gazelle?

It was hilarious.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Sorry, hit the send button too soon. Did anyone else see it? I can try to send it to you if you would like.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Back in the day when electronic calculators were new, it was common to enter 710 77345 and turn the calculator over.

Once had a official looking form from the Utah DOT giving a long justification for requiring headlight dimmer switches be moved back to floor mounted. Final paragraph stated that the state accident rate would be significantly reduced because fewer blondes would get their feet caught in the steering wheel.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:52:38 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) quickly quoth:

C'mon, Owie. Get some perspective. Look at things from a skewed eye sometime, whydoncha? When you do, patterns jump out at you. Coworkers become "cow orkers", etc.

Now go in your living room, lay down on your side, and look at the furniture. Describe what you see to your wife. Soon you'll have a new perspective from that nice white coat with the loooong sleeves and straps. ;)

Ayup, and there was a nice calculation which went with it, giving that figure as the total. Lotsa fun.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gotta tell you a funny story about the OIL cap.

My sister in law was given a little Datsun 210 when she turned 16 in about

1980.

Dad showed her how to check her water and oil, and warned her that it was HER car and HER duty to fill it if it became necessary.

One time she checked her car, and came in and asked where the egg separater was. After her not coming back inside for about half an hour, Dad went to check on her. She was using the tiny egg separator funnel to add a quart of oil through the dipstick opening. She just about had it all in there.

Dad apologized and showed her where the BIG 710 hole for adding oil was.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Re: blonde gazelle