OT: Royalty Free Music

I'm making a new intro to my podcast and I am in the need of some music. Would you happen to know of any good sites for FREE royalty free music? I find it ironic that royalty free music often times isn't free. Anyway, I digress.

GarageWoodworks

with a fee to buy the use of the song. "Royalties" are generally paid on a per use, per play basis.

Reply to
-MIKE-

You might have fun making your own bed music using any of the any free music programming software available and downloading some of the free (or really cheap) samples out there. Careful though, it may start another addiction. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I've used Adobe Audition in the past. Adobe has loops you can use to make your own tracks, but I I'm not sure I have the "ear" for it.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

deserve to get paid for their efforts?

Either on a 'per use' basis (royalties), or as a lump sum, in advance, if you don't want the hassles of tracking and paying royalties.

_Many_ years ago, Bell Labs had a truly free music source on-line. It was real-time music composition by software -- random-number driven. I can't find _anything_ on the web referencing it, and I =know= it existed circa the mid 1980s -- there was a phone number one could call to listen to 'Eddie & Eydie", as it was called.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Reply to
-MIKE-