Re: Celtic Piano Music Stand

For those who asked to keep up with the progress on the replacement piano

> stand I'm going to attempt to make, here is the initial design. Sorry I > drew it full size and haven't figured out how to put the three scans into > on pic yet, so a photo of the drawing will have to do for now.

It looks really nice, but short. My average music book is 12" tall and some are taller. Nothing worse than the top half of your book flopping away from you when you're playing. And very often I need to spread out many pages of music, so I don't like it when the stand isn't long enough. But if you're making a replacement then you've got existing constraints.

Can't wait to see how it looks when it's finished!

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence

I used the old one's outer dimensions it is 28 inches across and 7-1/2 inches at it's tallest point. Across I'm constrained by the existing attaching points, height probably only by proportion, the piano is a short upright.

Reply to
asmurff

A couple of small holes drilled in the top near the outside corners and a hoop of piano wire that can be inserted when needed for the flimsy scores would provide some high support without detracting from the design. Tilt the holes slightly forward to compensate for the flexibility of the wire.

Bob McConnell N2SPP

Reply to
Bob McConnell