OT: Pressure Washer

Same, and I keep holding to reduce pressure whilst I start the engine.

Reply to
Jack

Normally the water comes out immediately but not this time.

I suspect the pump is not a direct connection to the engine like a connecting rod to a crank shaft. Probably more like a cam pushing a lifter and the pump piston got stuck in a closed position. No water came through the hose at all for several minutes, and after the engine was started. I have learned to always hold the nozzle valve open when starting.

Reply to
Leon

Agree with Larry Kraus. According to the instructions on my pressure washer , before starting the engine and with the water hose connected and turned o n, I'm supposed to hold down the trigger on the wand until there's a steady stream coming out the wand. Takes about 20 seconds. Then I can fire it up. The pump is like a boat motor. You're not supposed to run it without water .

Reply to
Michael