Pressure Washer Buying Advice (Yep, read all the posts, still confused)

So many posts and so many different opinions on elec -vs- gas, size, etc.

Want one for cleaning vinyl siding, the deck, occasional driveway and truck cleaning. Being on a budget, want best bang for the buck.

House is raised ranch, 2200 sq feet, deck isn't that huge, driveway just sealed and looking pretty good.

Looking at 2 different models from Campbell Hausfeld:

Gas 1750 PSI 2.0 gallons per minute washer, 3500 Cleaning units, Rotating power nozzle boosts efective cleaning pressure to 2050 PSI, for $240

Electric 1500 psi, 1.8 gallons per minute 2340 cleaning units Rotating power nozzle boosts effective cleaning pressure to 1750 psi, for $140

If I can save the $100 and get a effective washer that will clean whats detailed above, maybe use for 5-10 hours a year, getting multiple years of use, obviously I'd go for the electric model...thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
MACE

You want opinions, here goes:

1) Rent one every two years

2) See 1) above

3) Use a hose and stiff fiber broom every few months

4) Far better at a car wash and no driveway mess to deal with

Take the money you save by not buying a marginally useful toy and buy some really useful tools. FWIW, my pressure washer has sat idle for several years now, so I can say "been there, done that, wish I hadn't". Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Got some cheap yellow one two years ago for a gift. I use it a lot on all sorts of things. Mine is not idle. I use it for cleaning concrete, pool maintenence, blowing off sidewalk and walkways, car washes, and anything else I need more than a garden hose's pressure to do. When you have one, you find ways to use it. Lots of people use it to clean gutters, etc, etc, etc.

STeve

Reply to
Desert Traveler

Got mone at Home Depot, Excel 2500 lbs $417 love it.

I use it in the spring to wash the gravel out of the grass between the curb and sidewalk, Had an electric 1500 lbs JUNK, buy what you need and be done with it. Once you have the electric less (presure ) you will wish you had bought the better unit. Its gona take at lease $400.

Reply to
tflfb

Electric model.

Reply to
Karen

I don't own one but I'm starting to look, nothing serious until next year since summer is almost over. I will rent one this year. The neighbor rented an electric one to clean his deck with and after 10 minutes, he took the POS back to the rental center because it wouldn't spray water anymore and he had to hold the nozzle really close to the wood to clean it, not enough pressure.

I have used a gas one before for cleaning driveways and washing vehicles and it was nice...I would recommend a gas pressure washer over an electric one.

That's my opinion.

MACE wrote:

Reply to
Dave - Freedonia

Karcher electric is quality , Cambell Housefeld not at all, nor are the cheap generac units. Popular Mechanics several months ago rated all electrics, Alot of good information in their article.

Reply to
mark Ransley

When I bought my Cub Cadet tractor/mower in 2001, I got a FREE electric Cub Cadet pressure washer. It has been great for everything I've used it for; sidewalks, vinyl siding, the tractor, automobile wheels, window screens and pressure treated wood. The MSRP was $200.00.

Frank

Reply to
Frank K.

I bought an electric one (yes, the husky home cheapo one) and it's working just fine for basic around the house. Also dirt cheap ($150). If you use the right chemicals/wash, you don't need a ton of power. It's certainly powerful enough for vehicles and driveways. The chemicals do the work for siding and decks.

It's hard to get a gas one for under $500. That's a lot of rentals...

Reply to
BKS