Tile Back splash

When I remodel the kitchen, I would like to have a tile back splash. Do I need to put in the cement backer board or would drywall work? If dry wall will work does it need to be the green board or regular drywall?

Thanks Robert

Reply to
Robert Rushing

I used backer board. hardeeboard to be exact.

Reply to
Steven Bliss

drywall will work

either one will work fine.

Reply to
3GCPO

Depends upon the trim that's available for your tile choice. Most standard tile has both surface bullnose and radius bullnose edge trim available.

Surface bullnose is used when there is no substrate built out from the wall. "thinset' application.

Radius bullnose is made to wrap over a 1/2" substrate such as mortar or backerboard. doubling up the drywall is sometimes done as well so that radius bullnose can be used, giving the install the appearance of a floated job. 'conventional' application.

the_plumber