Remington powder driver

I have a 30 year [plus] old Rem. powder driver. I went to use it and the charges seem to have lost their strength. Is this normal? If so how does one dispose of the cartridges? Thanks, CP

Reply to
MOP CAP

Cold beer and a burn barrel.

Spalted Walt

+1

Remember, too, that the ammo in the video was complete with bullets which allowed for pressure build up to provide force to make the cases and/or bullets travel a bit. With the power cartridges, it's just crimped or capped with a piece of cardboard/heavy paper to keep the powder from spilling out. No worries unless your eye is 6" from the cartridge as it burns. ;)

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

"Not to be taken internally"

Reply to
krw

If all else fails, ask your local police dept if they have a way of disposing of unused ammo. These are "blanks" but they might take them anyway.

Also note that those cartridges come in different strengths; you might just need to try a stronger one.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Everyone has told me how to dispose of them, but no one has told me IF I need to do so. CP

Reply to
MOP CAP

Other than DJ Delorie, that is.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You told us that.

Reply to
krw

What strength are the cartridges? (Ramset does it by color). Are you using the correct load for the fastener length and the surface being attached to? You need something stronger for concrete than for mortar or cinder block (CMU in current parlance).