OT - P&G

I sent an email to Proctor & Gamble yesterday regarding Charmin toilet paper. They've shortened the width of the roll by about 1/4".

Today I got back an email from them - requesting my email address!!!!

They also informed me that my incompatible browser (Firefox) couldn't see their reply. What about "email" don't they understand?

Oh well, just another corporate competency failure.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

They all went to narrow gauge paper. Butts are getting bigger and wipes are getting narrower. Prices are not going down, though.

Reply to
G. Ross

Stupidity and ignoranance are running rampant these days.

Just had an amusing run in with small company doing business online.

Made an online order on their website. The credit card was charge within minutes. They never mailed an order confirmation, but did respond via email that had indeed received the order and it would take 1 to 10 days to ship.

When confronted 29 days later as to a delivery date, responded via email they sent it to the wrong address and it was returned, then blamed me, publicly on their FaceBook page when I called them on it there after numerous emails to get the issue resolved, for filling out the shipping address wrong.

They then emailed me an obviously PhotoShopped order "screen capture" as proof the shipping address was entered incorrectly.

Except, as I pointed out to them on FaceBook for the world to see, that:

~ I used RoboForm to fill in the order, which has had the same address for both billing and shipping for years, and which has been used for hundreds of online transactions for years.

~ I also pointed out to them that Visa/MasterCard AVS will simply not allow a MasterCard/Visa credit card to be charged unless the Billing Address matches, and since both billing and shipping addresses were the same; they therefore provably lied about the shipping address being entered wrong by the customer.

~ In addition, their supposed "screen capture" had the wrong time on it; showed illegal characters in the text boxes, which their website will provably NOT accept in an input string without returning an error; and that if anyone would like to verify that fact, simply go to the website, place an order with the illegal characters in any text box, and watch as the order form "errors out" with those characters in their supposed "screen capture".

~ And, I used a MasterCard, which their merchant account TOS clearly states that an online purchase will not be charged until the item is shipped.

My original FB post, and my three in reply to their subsequent attempts to shift the blame, pointing out the above, stayed up less than an hour before they "hid" them from their FB Timeline (not understanding that they still remained on all other FB NewsFeeds for the whole world to see). :)

Obviously they are under the distinct impression that everyone else is as stupid and ignorant as they are ...

Reply to
Swingman

Charmin, you're such a softee... Get rid of that Charmin... fluffy toilet paper is wasteful.. You're just flushing money and trees down the drain...

Reply to
woodchucker

---------------------------------------------- Are you suggesting a return to corn cobs?

Yes, both red and white ones are still needed.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:526c1d89$0$10783 $c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Must be... leaves are awfully scratchy, and this time of year they tend to disintegrate easily.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

And be carefull about using the pretty red ones that may be on the side of a tree or bush.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Are you advocating John Wayne toilet paper? It's rough and tough and doesn't take shit off anybody. Art

Reply to
Artemus

LOL.. no, but that frilly stuff is really bad for the env. It only feels softer, but really isn't. It uses up 2-3 times the amount of pulp (which means trees). Regular TP works just as well.. Not the super cheap stuff, but the regular TP.

Reply to
woodchucker

Don't worry about the trees... they grow back in managed forests, cutting them improves wildlife habitat, and logging them creates jobs... worry about your butt! ;~)

Little Trees Need Hugs Too!

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

If you use the waterproof stuff, you can rinse it off and reuse it. ta-da, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

"It only feels softer, but really isn't."

WTF?

Since "softer" is defined by how something feels; then how is it that something that feels softer isn't?

Just stick with the 80 grit like every real woodworker, although I do agree (in reference to the original post) that finding a piece of toilet paper is 1/4" too short can be disturbing.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Actually that frilly stuff and my butt don't get along. I find normal TP does fine. For some reason that softer stuff I find more irritating.

Reply to
woodchucker

You guys need to catch up with modern times. Who needs toilet paper when you have a toilet that does all this?

Casper

Butt Spa

Reply to
Swingman