Yesterday

Most days I am in the shop alone. Given my personality, that suits me well . But yesterday a friend dropped by and we made a horn press for his black powder powder horns. Just the time spent visiting as we worked and coffee after the project was in the clamps was a real treat.

Reply to
Dr. Deb

replying to Dr. Deb, Iggy wrote: Teamwork's a wonderful thing, someone watching another work isn't. But, sometimes a project is the only time you get along great with someone. As proven with most businesses and even marriages. Everyone knows their job, the goal and from who and when to stay away or not disturb or distract.

Reply to
Iggy

I consider learning and teaching to be a wonderful things. I can learn by watching and I can teach by being watched.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

replying to DerbyDad03, Iggy wrote: Wasn't my point. It's pretty annoying to only watch and not be allowed to help and equally annoying to have someone able refuse to help. I had "friends" like that and I got rid of them quick. "Hey, I can come over to help" or "maybe you can come help me" turned out to be, you can just stand there and watch me take forever while we chit chat and waste your time or I can just keep you company and distract you with idle conversation. Sounds great, let's do it...NOT!

Reply to
Iggy

You don't have friends. You have people you know.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

replying to DerbyDad03, Iggy wrote: You couldn't be more right, if you're defining a "friend" as someone who says "thanks for interrupting your day to come and help, but don't help and just stand there" or "glad I could pitch-in and help, but I'm not going to help and only watch". Now, I understand your demented trolling.

Reply to
Iggy