OT: Opportunity to help children

Here's a great opportunity to help others!

The Christian Children's Fund's Friends of Children Society has received a grant from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to help the millions of children victimized by the war in Angola. For every dollar contributed, USAID will match it with $4.70 (up to $4,000,000). That means a personal contribution of merely $10.00 is actualized to $57.00.

If you wish to contribute, please let me know immediately, as I plan to send my contribution this week. You can make a payment to me via PayPal, and I'll include it in my contribution OR contact CCF directly at:

1-800-776-6767

The Christian Children's Fund has been helping needy children for more than 60 years.

Please email me offline if you have any questions.

Regards, Gary Greenberg

Reply to
Gary Greenberg

I've gota question for right here: why should ANYONE send you money to pass on to a charity with YOUR contribution?

My suggestion for anyone wishing to donate is to get in touch with the agency and make a direction donation.

Charlie Self "Health food makes me sick." Calvin Trillin

Charlie Self

So Mr. Gary can take a larger tax deduction?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'll answer you both right here. Some people do want to make a contribution, but don't want to become part of a regularly solicited group of potential donors. And, contacting CCF directly is, more than likely, going to result in becoming part of their mailing list. For those people, here's an opportunity to make a differnce without any long-term commitment. I'll state that this has nothing to do with my tax deductions. As a long-time contributor to CCF's programs, I simply saw this as a way of helping fully use the USAID grant they got. You'll notice my original post included all of CCF's contact info. Now, I sincerely DO hope y'all will contact CCF and make a contribution. In fact, I hope you'll visit their website and learn about all the good they're doing and the beneficial difference they're making in this world. Perhaps, just perhaps, you'll even sponsor a child!

And, for the record, I have personally contributed to other people's contributions on rare occassions when the issue at hand is one which I thought worth of a one-time donation but wherein I did not want to be added to a mailing list for solicitations.

Kind regards, Gary

Reply to
Gary Greenberg

It's known as sending a money order. Doesn't have to go through anyone but the charity and there is not address to add to their solicitations.

Charlie Self "Health food makes me sick." Calvin Trillin

Charlie Self

I am wondering why your charity is getting a grant from the CIA. Or did you not no that USAID is an arm of the CIA

Reply to
Mule-Tracks

Don't look now, Mule, but the backwash from the black helicopters blew your tin-foil hat off...

Doug Miller

For the same reasons as in Charlie Wilson's private war: in the real world, good & evil walk hand in hand. Like the song says: The truth is they're happier when they're in pain In fact, that's why they got married Lou Reed, Endless Cycle

Reply to
Gary Greenberg

Doug It seems like you are one of those people that know things the loudest. If you don't believe what I say I suggest what you check it out. In nam I had a buddy who went to work for the USAID. He produced propaganda leaflets for the war effort. When he went home I was recruited to take his place. I even flew on an Air America to Saigon for an interview with a Marine Colonel. Fortunately some moron sergeant is usarv screw things up. Said I didn't have enough experience. I wasn't interested fighting it. So I came home. What did you do to serve your country.

Reply to
Mule-Tracks

WTF does that have to do with suggesting your facts might not be factual? Whether or not he served in the military, when and where, has zip to do with his questioning what you wrote. If you're so sure it's factual, provide a cite.

Charlie Self I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

Charlie Self

influence the outcome of political events in foreign countries. I was there and I know what I was told. I suppose that you would deny that Air America belongs to the CIA. If you choose not to believe it that is your problem not mine. Get a life.

Reply to
Mule-Tracks

Mule-Tracks responds:

It's easy enough to understand how your sergeant decided you didn't have the experience to write.