OT - Now MY Truck Died Too

Went out the other day, wouldn't crank. Radio, fan, lights, etc., worked fine. Starter solenoid wouldn't even click. So, last night got the younger son to take me to town, to check the mail, and all. He absolutely hates that. LOL

Today got under it, and jumped the solenoid, to see if that was it. Starter would spin, but wouldn't engage. WTF? Tried several times, just to double-check. Same same. The book doesn't cover that.

So, tonight when the younger kid came in, asked him to take me to town again. Instead, he asked for the truck keys. So, handed them over, and told him what had happened when I checked today.

About 5-10 minutes later, he came back in, and I could hear the truck nunning. Had to ask him what he'd done, he doesn't volunteer much of anything. Turned out the start interlock safety wire had disconnected. That was it. I figure it must have been hanging down and I hit it with my foot, while braking, disconnecting it, on my last trip home. A large relieve I don't have to toss any money at it. Heck, it's almost new, a '79 GMC, barely getting broken in, runs like a top. Yes, I did write "seventy nine",

At times like this, the kid comes in handy. Life is basically good.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T
[ top posted for your convenience]

I was going to email you the solution to the problem, but...

Reply to
LRod

Truly the funniest damn thing I've read all week. I don't normally write things like "LOL", etc... but for the above crack you get a hearty LMAO!

Reply to
Joe Barta

Fri, Jan 6, 2006, 2:07am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (LRod) skipped in and chanted: [ top posted for your convenience] I was going to email you the solution to the problem, but...

[Bottom posted for understanding.]

Smartass.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

I bought a new Honda Civic to take over the commuting chores of the

1987 F-150.

I drive sixty miles a day plus the weekend load.

I figure, when I average the repair cost over the last three years, and the difference in gas consumption, this little thing costs me $94.00 a month, which ain't bad.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

And if you ask me, it is faster and more convenient for all. If you want all the story, look for it under my post.

Reply to
Leon

48mpg with mine if I drive conservatively and use the regenerative braking as much as possible. It's interesting how many people think they can get you to go faster than 55 in the slow lane if they pull up until you can't see their headlights. Joe
Reply to
Joe Gorman

It's them damn shoes again!

Reply to
Swingman

Darn - does this mean you won't be writin' a country song now???

:)

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

Anyone know how to get spewed coffee out of a keyboard?

Anyone know how to get spewed coffee out of a keyboard? [That's the "belt and suspenders" approach.]

Jim Stuyck

Reply to
Jim Stuyck

Thu, Jan 5, 2006, 11:22pm snipped-for-privacy@erehwon.com (Tom=A0Watson) shames us with his admission: I bought a new Honda Civic to take over the commuting chores of the 1987 F-150. I drive sixty miles a day plus the weekend load. I figure, when I average the repair cost over the last three years, and the difference in gas consumption, this little thing costs me $94.00 a month, which ain't bad.

My truck cost me $1200 in 2001. I've spend about $250 on tires, and probably another $75 on parts. Granted I only put an average of around 10-15 miles a day on it, but it is infinitely classier than a Civic.

For a number of years, I drover almost 200 miles a day. Vehicle? I alternated between 2 VW Beetles. I could get around 35 MPG, and around 38, if I pushed it, with one. With the other I got around 32 MPG, and if I pushed that one, it could drop as low as 15 MPG - that one was warmed over, with a progressive 2-barrel carb - and loads of fun. They had class - little kids absolutely love VW Beetles.

So, regardless of your total disregard of your loss of class, and new social status, I am forwarding thses links, to assist you and your new ride.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Fri, Jan 6, 2006, 7:44am snipped-for-privacy@musc.edu (Joe=A0Gorman) inforeth us: Did you get the hybrid or conventional. I'm getting near the estimated

48mpg

Scientific studies have found you can increase both your miles per gallon, and horsepower, but putting a large Maxwell House coffee can on the end of your exhaust.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Fri, Jan 6, 2006, 6:46am (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Swingman) comes clos with: It's them damn shoes again!

I consider driving, being indoors, so didn't have my shoes on. Probably hooked it with my big toe.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Fri, Jan 6, 2006, 10:21am snipped-for-privacy@leevalley.com (Robin=A0Lee) spills it all with: Darn - does this mean you won't be writin' a country song now???

Now you spoiled it. I was figuring on doing just that, as soon as I could figure out how to make up for the fact I don't drink anymore, then get a train in there somehow. Would have bee a real hit. I'd figured on finishing up my banjo, then singing it on the Grand Ol' Opry. Ah well.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

It's interesting how many people think

Funny, that usually has the effect of making me slow down.....

And gets their faces the most interesting shade of red too... Fun is where you find it.

Also Joe

Reply to
noonenparticular

Top posted for your convenice >>>> I get 62 miles per gallon on my Ford truck, I only drive it downhill. (

Reply to
Warren Weber

price of gas today I have been thinking it might be time for a change. Those small truck sure are small though.

Glad it worked out for you JT

Lenny

Reply to
Lenny

... snip

... as long as you are in the slow lane. :-)

Mark & Juanita

Reply to
nospambob

Sat, Jan 7, 2006, 8:49am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net (nospambob) sppedily says: A neighbor was in next lane when a young hot rod enthusiast RUSHED up[ behind us

Around here, they're usually driving a Honda Civic when they do that.