OT - Now MY Truck Died Too

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I bought the conventional model. I just wasn't convinced of the long term reliability of the newer technology.

"You can always tell the pioneers - they're the ones with the arrows in their backs."

Tom Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

"We are not Hillbillies. We prefer the term - Appalachian-Americans."

I could email you a copy of the current Motor Trend...

(heee...)

Tom Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Joe Gorman wrote: It's interesting how many people think

It doesn't make much sense in the slow lane, but it does work to snap a lot of people out of their stupor when they are going too slow in the fast lane. I find it works best when you are a little to the left so they can see you in their side mirror. Sam

Reply to
Sam

Joe Gorman wrote: It's interesting how many people think

It doesn't make much sense in the slow lane, but it does work to snap a lot of people out of their stupor when they are going too slow in the fast lane. I find it works best when you are a little to the left so they can see you in their side mirror. Sam

Reply to
Sam

The only problem with that is that most of the idjits who travel too slow in the fast lane are too dern ignorant to look in their rear view mirror! During my years as an OTR driver, I tried VERY HARD not to tailgate, but sometimes your could literally spend hours in the fast lane waiting for some yoyo to get the idea and move over.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

I agree, it's possible that someone might, I say MIGHT, be rushing somewhere like a hospital or such and you and your neighbor could have caused the death of someone by blocking a public road. Sometimes the difference between life and death is a few minutes....

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I actually saw what was probably one of those cases last week.

While driving along @ 6:30 AM, a Jeep Grand Cherokee came whizzing by me on a two lane, 35 MPH road. I was waiting to turn onto the same road from a side street. I was initially pissed, but as he disappeared into the distance, I realized he had his flashers on and was headed in the general direction of our local hospital.

We have a paid fire department, so he wouldn't have been a volunteer fireman.

Illness, baby on the way, or late for work moron, I'll never know. In hindsight, I'm betting on either of the first two.

Reply to
B a r r y

Sun, Jan 8, 2006, 4:05pm snipped-for-privacy@erehwon.com (Tom=A0Watson) doth offer up: I could email you a copy of the current Motor Trend...

They got a pickup article?

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Hmm, you and your neighbor's act of blocking the car seems ill-advised and dangerous. Unless, maybe, you knew the young person. Even then probably a bad idea.

Reply to
George Shouse