OT... need manual for pressure washer

I know this is way off thread but I need to locate a manual for a Sears Clean and carry pressure washer. Mainly I need to know how the chemical intake works. I connected the tubing to the pump and put the other end into my degreaser bottle but nothing was being pumped through. Does anyone have any ideas on this.

TIA

Rich AKA Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher

the sears site has all the manuals on it.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Have you tried punching the model number into the Sears parts ordering system?

Reply to
J. Clarke

"Searcher" wrote in news:Keekc.112203$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

Might be like mine - only sucks from the intake if the lowest-pressure nozzle is being used. Don't ask me how it knows.

Reply to
Anonymoose

No, not really, I contacted them and they want me to pay 10 bucks for the manual. You'd think since I just bought the thing they would supply the manual

Reply to
Searcher

That should be the solution. Adjus the pressure to lowest. How does it 'know'? A pressure valve. Higher pressure closes it.

Dan.

Reply to
Danny Boy

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I was using the high pressure wand.

Rich

Reply to
Searcher

Correct. Mine has interchangeable nozzles, and the additive siphon only works with the large or low pressure nozzle. Otherwise, the back-pressure keeps the siphon from working.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

salesman would dig out the manual for the floor model and let you read it. Maybe he would even copy a couple of pages for you. I just saw them throw away a bunch of old pressure washer manuals at the Sears Hardware that I work at. One other suggestion. It's pretty important that you be sure to run clear water through the pump with the solution tube when done. I loaned my pressure washer to a friend. He didn't read the instruction manual that I provided him with. When I got the machine back three months later, the inside of the pump was all gunked up. Not knowing this, I started it and cracked the pump head. Sears sells an aerosel can of stuff with a connector tube to run through the machine before putting it away. It is supposed to protect the pump from corrosion.

Reply to
Tom

Thanks for reminding me, I just used my washer n forgot to run clean water thru it......went back out n washed clean water thru....don,t want it gummed up. I use to have a older Sears model, it had a high pressure wand, and a low pressure wand with a bottle attachment for soaps n stuff.....probably not much help... I know one thing, don,t let the wands get frozen, unless you like buying new ones......have fun....

Reply to
George Berlinger