pressure washer

Hi

Have been given a Lavor thermic petrol engined pressure washer which I have got working again

The water pressure is higher than my on big karcher electric washer

The only thing that doesnot work is the chemical feed pipe

The pipe is clear the filter on the end clean and it is connected to the pump but it does not suck up any fluid

On my karcher there is a low pressure setting on the wand which adds chemical to the spray but there does not appear to be any setting on the Lavor one

any help appreciated

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Almost every cold HPC on the planet uses a 'low pressure injector' to dispense chemicals. There has to be a difference between the pressure at the injector and the pressure at the final nozzle (lower ta the nozzle).

To check if it works (and it probably will, no moving parts) take the pressure hose off & run machine - it should then work.

If it doesn't there are only two possible causes - muck blocking the venturi (some chemicals solidify as they dry out, likely if the machine hasn't been used for a while) or there is a non return valve to stop water going back down the chemical feed pipe - usually a ball & spring - maybe stuck.

It should have a low pressure setting on the wand but they are not always obvious - post the model number & I will look on the Lavour website - I should be able to spot it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman